This assignment was a good look into how we can use what is already out there and make it our own. We could take what looks like a simple idea and by changing that idea to something new find out that its not that simple. You really had to think about what you were doing and how you were going to do it.
As for deciding what ad I was going to use was somewhat limited for me. I only had one magazine that I could use in my house. And of course having four kids of my own it was a parents magazine. So I took an ad that meant something for me and my children. It had a healthy aspect and tastes good too.
When I was thinking about how I would redesign this ad I thought about my dad. He was always saying he needed more energy to play with his grandchildren so it was pretty easy. Then I just pictured what I wanted to do with the ad in my mind. I think it came out fairly good.
To do an ad it takes a lot of thinking and remembering who you are targeting for the ad. So coming up with the perfect person for me to target older men was a challenge so I thought about someone that all men like. After thinking about this I then did a search for famous men fifty plus. Of course the person I wanted was on this list so I went with it.
For me not being very creative by nature I really didn't like this assignment. It was something that really took a lot out of me to do. I am normally a very good writer and I thought that would help me but with the redesign it really didn't help out that much.
I learned a lot from this writing assignment. It really made me think and look at things from another perspective. I had to draw on an inner writing side that I didn't even know was there till now. I have a much greater understanding of how to write in the third person and what it means to really have to think about things logically.
If I had to rewrite this assignment I wouldn't write anything differently. I would however do a little more research on how ads are done. This would have given me more to work with on my ad.
No comments:
Post a Comment